January 26, 2009

Go Team BLUE!!!

Let me just say this has been a very long day for me but in the end has been so exciting!! I had to be up at 4am to be at work by 5:30 ish so that I could be out of work by 12 to be at the doctors an hour away by 1:15. Wow that was a long sentence. Anyways my first appointment was with the OB and of course they were running late. When they finally took me back of course they had to take my weight. I actually lost another pound or so which again the doctor assured me that was fine. The really funny part is my jeans in the hips and thighs are feeling very loose however my stomach is still growing so they are actually feeling tight.

Either way the nurse brought in the Doppler and the little bugger wouldn't hold still. Every time she would find the baby, the baby would move which made it impossible for her to actually get a good reading. As long as she was able to hear the baby at all, made me feel reassured. The doctor checked the sizing of the uterus and gave me all the results from our NT scan which all came back good. Let me just go on the record stating that Dr. Baer out of the 3 doctors I have met at the office is by far the nicest. Even though she was running behind, she sat and talked to me for quite some time. She was the first OB doctor that I have seen that actually took the time to make sure I was comfortable with everything that is going on. Of course they gave me all the paperwork to schedule our Anatomy scan (which is done by a separate department) and I also made my next appointment with them for the 27th of February.

So our next appointment which was scheduled with an outside ultrasound facility called Insight Imaging was at 6:30. After picking up Kevin, we headed there a little early and boy am I glad we did. After getting there, we filled out paperwork and payed out of pocket for the scan. She called us back to the room and I was shocked. When I walked in, the room was a calming blue and brown. There was a huge projector screen and an actual bed for me to lay on. There were several couches for family to come and watch. I was totally amazed at how beautiful this place was. Below is a pictures of one of the rooms they have.

So after getting cozy on the bed and getting the cold gel placed on my lower tummy we began the ultrasound. I couldn't believe how big the baby had gotten in just 3 weeks. We could see the full spine, all of the little fingers and the thing that most impressed me was how long the legs were!! This baby really looked like a baby already and was even sucking its fingers. The ultrasound tech spent the first few minutes showing all the parts to us on the baby so we could clearly see what we were looking at. She showed that the baby was actually sitting and kicking my bladder which actually surprised me since I can't feel the little one yet. So after a couple of minutes of showing us all the little baby parts we started looking for the sex of the baby. Of course the little one was sitting indian style. She tried pushing on my stomach to see if the baby would move and nothing. She made me roll toward Kevin and pushed. Nothing. She made me roll towards her and pushed. Nothing. This baby was being stubborn! She assured me this happens ever so often and just to give it a few minutes. All babies move and kick she said but no matter what she did this baby always had something covering the area.

She then asked me to drink a soda. Hoping if i filled my bladder more that it would cause the baby to move. Yeah that didn't really work either. Yes one leg was now out of the way but now the little one had its hand down there. I couldn't believe this little one was being that difficult. So then she asked me to try and pee, hoping that if the bladder dropped the baby would have to move again. So we did that, sure enough the baby moved! But not like we had hoped. The baby was now laying on its knees with its little rump in the air. I knew right then and there this baby is going to be a handful. So after some more poking and prodding the ultrasound tech finally got a money shot. Sure enough there was the little boy parts. Or as Kevin says the "Twig and Berries". Of course I already knew in my heart it was a boy however its just amazing that we finally know! Now we can really start planning and getting ready for this little one. Go Team BLUE!! Below are some of the ultrasound pictures and if I can figure out how to upload the actual Dvd I will upload that later.

Photobucket

2 comments: