April 26, 2009

29 weeks...

Goodbye cold weather and welcome the awesome 80's!!

This weekend marks my 29th week however all I can think about is how much I have to get done, both inside in the nursery and outside with all my plants and flowers before this little one gets here and takes up all my time.

Kevin and I have spent 90 % of this weekend busting our buts outside and we both have the sunburn to show it. From planting the 16 new plants I picked up to painting the deck furniture we are exhausted and still have a long list to go. Just seeing this picture though reminds me that once the weather is finally here to stay we will have a beautiful yard to enjoy. I just love the view from our back deck...



And of course Brooklynn was sure to follow daddy and try to help him every where he went..
Don't mind the not so straight plant line. I still have the edging and the pete moss to take care of.



The puppies were so excited to be able to spend some time outside with us and of course bask in the sun.





Okay so enough about the puppies and our weekend work, I also made a trip to Greensburg with Nancy and found some amazing deals on cute things for the baby's room!! You just have to love the dollar bins at Target!!

Here is a little whale bank...

Cute little whale hanging rack..

Picked up these cute little round tins that have little sail boats on them..

An adorable Whale Nite Light.

So a special thanks to Nancy for talking me into going shopping this weekend with her!

Okay so I know I have been promising but I am about to finally deliver. I told you I went picture crazy this weekend! So here are some before shots of the room we were using for the nursery. And yes we know it looked like crap but trust me when I say the pictures do not do it justice. It really was much worse than the pictures even show!! Between the giant nails in the trim and the painted electrical outlets the previous owners were real handy men!

Okay so know you have a rough idea of how bad that it was, here is the pictures of the nursery now. Its not finished and we still have some decorative stuff to do but its 100 times better than it was!

Well I hope everyone likes the pictures and sorry I went a little over board! Thursday is my next appointment and I will update everyone again hopefully that night.. I am hoping my blood pressure is down so wish me luck!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love the pictures!!! How exciting! What an adorable nursery!

    ReplyDelete