May 2, 2009

30 weeks in and I can't wait for our little one to be here....

Anxious much? Of course I am. The weeks seems to be flying by but the days seem to be dragging. I am not sure how that is really possible but this is how I have been feeling the past week or two. Everyday I can't get over the fact that I am already 30 weeks but then again I can't believe that each day feels like a year until he will be in my arms.

So this past Thursday I had another appointment with my mid-wife Lisa Cone which to be honest went better than expected but not as good as I had hoped.

I gained another 3 lbs so that's a total weight gain now of 6 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight. Not to shabby for 30 weeks I think. As usual our little munchkin had to go and be difficult. Both the nurse Shari and Lisa had a heck of a time finding his heart beat with the doppler. Even though he was kicking the machine and was bouncing around everywhere after 15 mins of trying they were finally able to nab him. Roughly 150's which is exactly where he's been this entire pregnancy.

So now onto the more not so great news. After first walking in they took my blood pressure which is still really high. 155/87. I explained to them that I have been getting head aches, occasionally light headed and actually had my blood pressure checked the week before and it was 147/92. Shari was of course concerned since high BP has been linked to Pre-eclampsia so they tested for proteins in my urine which actually came back negative thank god. After knowing that she asked me to lie down on the table for about 15 mins and then she would come back and check it. So after doing this, she re-took the BP on my right arm. It drastically changed to 120/70. She didn't believe it so she re-took it on my left arm. Again 120/70.

Now even though I knew 120/70 is a good BP I knew what was coming next. Lisa, being the great concerned person that she is, immediately said to me. You know, now is the time to go on bed rest and stop working. I wasn't shocked when she said this at all but of course I wasn't ready for that yet. She basically told me that I didn't have a leg to stand on because when I am up doing things my BP is high however when I am laying down or relaxing, my BP returns to normal. She explained to me that high BP leads to preterm babies, possible Pre-Eclampsia, under weight babies, etc. So with that being said I asked her if she can do a two week trial. Let me work two weeks at a time and monitor me as needed. She agreed as long as I have some tests done and they come back normal. So with that being said I have at least another two weeks of work. I am hoping at the very least to work up until 34 weeks however I am not getting ahead of myself just yet.

So Kevin and I went on our tour of the hospital today which went pretty well. It was nice to see our labor rooms, nursery, c-section recovery rooms, the family lounge and of course the big mirror on the celing in the labor rooms. Yes there really is a mirror on the ceiling. The only part I wasn't really happy with was the fact they tried to fit all 22 of us on one elevator. Yes all 22 and that's no joke. Its kind of uncomfortable when you are standing belly to belly with a ton of people you don't know but either way that's another check on our list to do!

After our tour, Kevin and I had to run to Babies R Us to use up a few coupons we had that were expiring. I just have to share what we picked up because they are adorable!!!! We got an adorable stuffed monster which I just love!! We got our little baby boy his very first basket ball and we also picked up soft baby Einstien blocks.




How cute right?

Kevin and I shared a nice lunch together today at Olive Garden. Gotta love the Soup, Salad and Breadsticks! Yummy

Also I just wanted to throw a quick thank you out to Carrie, Damien and their new little one Jake for all the stuff that he outgrew so quickly. I am sure it will all come in handy!! Especially all the diapers since I am sure we will be using a ton of them!!



Alright thats enough talking for me today! I promise you won't hear from me again until Friday after our next ultrasound!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment