April 16, 2009

I am so glad I decided to do this!!

First and foremost, I want to say congrats to Kevin's cousin Jared and his beautiful wife Kristi for their little baby boy, Justin James verano that was born April, 15th 2009 weighing in at 6lb 12oz. I want to wish them the best of luck and can't wait to see pictures of their little one!

So after the whole doctor's office fiasco on Monday, I made this appointment with a Midwife for today. I am going to be 100% honest when I hear Midwife I am and was extremely hesitant but boy I am glad I didn't let that keep me from making this appointment.

I got there early this morning, around 8:00 because I had to be at work by 9:30am and of course, leave it to Magee they didn't fax the paper work as usual. So right off the bat I was irritated but that quickly went away because let me tell you all of the girls in this office are amazing!

I got weighed in and I am up another 1 1/2 lbs. So that's a total of 3 lbs which at 28 weeks I am thrilled with. My blood pressure was once again high and this time it was higher than last time. The good news is that I am still not showing any signs of Protein in my urine which means they are not extremely worried but still want to keep an eye on me because of the possible Pre-eclampsia.

Of course our little bugger was being defiant again and refused to let the nurse get a good doppler reading. But they were able to catch glimpses of him. After he got done kicking the nurse, the midwife came in.

Let me just say again, I was hesitant about a Midwife but after meeting Lisa, I can only say I wish I would have met her long before I did. She is totally amazing and caring. She spent more time today going over things with me than all of the 4 doctors I saw down at Magee put together. She went over everything from circumcision to the peditricians in the area and who she recommended. I can not say enough good things about her!

After her just reviewing my chart and getting to know me, she measured my fundus and the baby which is both measuring about 2.5 weeks ahead. With that being said, she told me that with the baby measuring that far ahead she is neverous about me going the full 40 weeks especially since Kevin is so tall and is an above average height for a male. She told me she wants to have another ultrasound around 35 or 36 weeks to see exactly where the baby is weight wise. If he is where she thinks he is I will then be scheduled for a C-section some time in Mid- June. I knew my belly was starting to get big fast but I figured it was normal. The fact though I have only gained 3lbs though and my belly is showing at 30 weeks even though I am only 27.5 weeks along is a sign that the baby is way bigger than he should be.

So all in all the appointment went pretty good. I love my new baby doctor and our little one may be here sooner than we think!!

So here is an updated picture of my big fat giant preggo belly.. Which makes me sing Oompa Loompa Doopity Do almost every day...

I also wanted to show everyone the cutest little bib that Kevin and I found a week or two ago. We just had to pick it up since we both have brothers..

Okay thats enough for tonight! I will update again hopefully early next week with pictures of the nursery!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment