May 21, 2009

Wow what a change in less than a week.....

So Last I updated everyone was after my appointment last Thursday and things have changed so much since then that this post is going to be long so bear with me.

I ended up taking last Friday off so that I could do the urine collection like they had asked. I had worked a half day on Monday and had my appointment at 2 pm that afternoon with Lisa. After taking my blood pressure she was very concerned because it was 160/108. Without much thinking she told me she was sending me down to Magee's triage to rule out Pre-eclampsia because my urine tests also came back elevated for proteins.

So I called Kevin and picked him up for work and we made our way down to the hospital. At this time I was thinking they were going to check me out and tell me I was okay to go home. After getting t0 triage and them putting me into a room, they hooked me up to fetal NST monitors and blood pressure monitors. I had to give more urine samples, blood samples and the usual poking and prodding. After what had felt like forever, the doctors of maternal fetal medicine came and and basically told me what I didn't want to hear. I was diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia however was so close to borderline severe that they were admitting me. They explained they were going to give me steroid injections of bethamesdone to try and mature the babys lungs and that they were going to keep me under strict observation. At this time, the doctors told me that if I got any worse, they would take me right then and there because it was causing more problems for me to stay pregnant than dealing with the babys health issues later. If I stayed where I was at, they were hoping for me to make it to 37 weeks which they would either induce or take me for a C section. They then proceeded to tell me that I may need to stay in the hospital for a few weeks for the babys sake and of course this made me freak out.

Last week, I was thinking I had at least 5 more weeks until this little one would be here and now they were telling me it may be by the weekend. I was a little upset becuase I was feeling very emotional as it was and now to have to worry about him being here so soon I was even more freaked out.

After a long sleepless night and a horribly painful steroid injection, my blood pressure was staying consistent at around 140/95 or so. They made me stay another day so they could monitor me more and I wasn't released until Wed. morning however I was given strict guidlines for the next couple of weeks.

1.) Any changes with my blood pressure I had to call in immediately
2.) Any changes in vision call in immediately
3.) Strict bed rest and NO WORK
4.) Pelvic Rest
5.)Double appointments and NST for the baby every week
6.) Urine collections
7.) Any changes with baby movement call
8.) No lifting, no standing for long periods of time, no cleaning, cooking, etc. etc.

Dr. Imro was in to see me and basically laid it out on the table for me. She would be highly surprised if I make it to 37 weeks because she thinks that my symptoms are going to flair up again. She also said don't be surprised if you are back in the hospital with the next couple of weeks and stay until delivery. There is really nothing we can do now other than just wait and see how my body is handling things and if it starts to take a toll on the baby don't be surprised if they take me a lot sooner.

So after a very crazy and emotional week, I was at least allowed to come home and continue my rest here where I am comfortable. My baby shower got canceled, which of course I was disappointed about but the babys health is most important. I'm home from work and am already going stir crazy because any one who knows me knows its not easy for me to sit around and do nothing.

We still have no name for our little one and time is of the essence now and we officially have our bags packed.

Vistors at this time are very welcome because talking to the puppies all day long gets very old! So anyone who wants to stop by, let me know because I am more than willing to have you come over....

My next appointment is tomorrow so hopefully things are still roughly the same. Wish me luck and I will update you all very soon!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment