January 2, 2009

Well It was a long day but so worth it!!

As most of you know, Kevin and I were extremely anxious to go to our double appointment today. We have been waiting for almost 7 weeks now for the chance to see our little bambino and we were dying with anticipation. So our first appointment was scheduled with Dr. Imro at 2:30 and our First Trimester Screening was at 3:00.

If you know me well, you would know that I am a person that is always extremely early. So when I got to my appointment 45 mins early, I thought for sure that I was going to have to wait forever to see the doctor but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they took me back immediately.

As we were on our way back to the exam room we stopped to weigh in. Now I have been very nervous for this part because I was given a strict weight gain of 15 to 20 lbs. You can ask Kevin if you don't believe me. I have been drinking lots of water, eating extra veges and doing whatever I can to make sure I don't go over my limit. So when it all came down to it I actually lost a pound! I was very happy with that because I have been eating very healthy and I know the baby is getting what nutrients it should be.

Then came the doppler to see the heartbeat and they couldn't find it. Even though I knew this was normal at this stage since I am a little heavier this kind of concerned me but the doctor assured me not to worry, especially since I was having our ultrasound done right after for the screening.

So that was it. We were done with my OB/GYN appointment and it came and went much faster than I expected. We were actually out of there before I should have been there for my appointment. So here we were again early for my next appointment.

So its 2:15 and we go down to the first floor in the Geneology section. We were looking for the ultrasound waiting area. As we turn the bend in the waiting room I almost died. There was atleast 20 couples sitting there waiting to go back. So I went up to the front desk and signed in with our time. The woman at the front desk asked us to have a seat. I almost wanted to laugh at her. There was one empty seat in this giant 10 x 25 foot room. Did she realize what she was asking? So i sat and kevin had to kneel on the floor. When they finally called me up to get all my information to log in, I was blown away by what they handed me.

Yes that is no joke they handed me a restaurant style pager and told me we could go any where in the hospital with it. It would ring when we were up. Of course they were extremely behind and we had a 1 1/2 hour to a 2 hour wait just to go back. I couldn't beleive it! On top of that they told me before that it would take 2 hours for the appointment. It was now 2:15 and we had a long wait.

About a half hour after giving us the pager it went off and I was so happy it was our turn. So i got to the front desk and all they did was hand me a paper to go get lab work done while i was waiting. So we made our way to the out patient lab and had once again more blood drawn. So after a long wait that felt like forever our little pager finally went off at 4:30. The ultrasound tech took us back and asked me to lie down on the table. Of course i had to pull down my pants so they put the cold gel on me. At this point I was so nervous that we wouldn't see a baby or something would be wrong but sure enough as soon as she put the probe on my belly I could see our little bean. Cute as can be. I couldn't believe how big he/she has gotten in 6 weeks. The tech was nice enough to show us the babies nose, mouth eyes, little feet, arms, etc. We were even lucky enough to see the baby hiccup. Absolutely the cutest little hiccup I have ever seen. The heart beat was in normal range at 163BPM and all of the sizes of the baby came back normal. From what the tech said the fluid in the neck looked normal but she didn't give me the exact measurement. Our doctor should call next week with the results. Until then, hear are a few pictures of our little bean. Enjoy them as much as we did!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! Adorable pictures! You're going to be blow away at how fast this little bug grows too! Your pictures are going to start changing and it's going to be so amazing! You are so truly blessed, congrats again hon! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete