March 19, 2009

Seems like time is flying... 24 weeks and counting.

So Friday, was our OB Appt which went pretty well. I have only gained 1 1/2 pounds since before being pregnant which at 24 weeks I think is pretty good! My blood pressure was up slightly and the doctor told me not to be concerned about it yet however it will be something they want to monitor since it is an early sign of pre-eclampsia. They said if there was proteins in my urine it would be of an urgent concern but I am not showing any signs of that. She measured my Fundas which is still about 2 weeks ahead and also the nurse was able to find the heart beat which was in the 150's. The best part is our little bugger was kicking every time she tried to push on my stomach to find his little body. Which is no big surprise he's already a little bugger and will keep us on our toes when he is finally here with us. So the next step is our Gestational Diabetes test and our blood pressure check up on the 13th of April.

After our appointment we made a long trip out to Kevin's Parents for our first Baby Shower! Now I know it is a little early however since I am only allowed to travel up to 27 weeks we figured now was as good of a time as any. It was great to see all of the family and as usual they went above and beyond with the gifts. We can already tell our little one is on his way to being spoiled. I wish I could list everything that everyone got us but we would be here forever because they got us so much so here is a quick list and some pictures of some of the amazing gifts that they got us.

First off, we got tons of the most adorable clothes! Especially the cutest little blue and white bath robe. The thing that was the best about the clothes was everyone got us tons of different sizes. So we got things that will last the baby for longer than just a few months. We also got tons of the baby "must haves" such as destin, lotion, shampoo, powder and wipes which is great because my hope is by the time the baby comes I can be stocked up for quite some time and wont have to be making any runs out for this kind of stuff. We got baby books, adorable frames, bibs and storage totes. To be honest, I am blown away by everyone's generosity and just want to say truly from the bottom of my heart, thank you! Its amazing to know we have such great people like you all in our lives. We also got our bedding set, blanket and monkey to match, our mobile, baby swing and bath center! I have included our pictures of these items below.

Again, a giant thank you to all of Kevin's family and friends for a great weekend. Its so very much appreciated. And of course a very special thank you for the up and coming Grandma Krotine, She always puts a lot of heart and effort into making things wonderful for us.

Okay so after all of this I am tired and am heading to bed but be sure to check in later this week for updated before and after pictures of the nursery. Our carpet is getting installed on Friday and I hope to have most of what I can setup. Yes I know, I have a huge nesting fever right now, but can you blame me? This baby will be here before we know it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment